Monday, November 18, 2013

Welcome Author Danielle DeVor!


Welcome Author

Danielle DeVor



Author bio:
Danielle DeVor spent her early years fantasizing about vampires and watching “Salem’s Lot” way too many times.  After living briefly in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, she moved back to her hometown to write.  When not writing and reading about weird things, you will find her hanging out at the nearest coffee shop, enjoying a mocha frappuccino.

Brief synopsis of your book:
Not all exorcists are created equal- especially those that are “marked”.

When defrocked ex-priest, Jimmy Holiday, agrees to help an old friend with his sick daughter, Lucy, Jimmy doesn’t expect the horrors that await him. Blackmoor, his friend’s new residence, rests upon the outskirts of the town of Sorrow’s Point. The mansion’s history of magic, mayhem, and death makes it almost a living thing – a haunted mansion straight out of Flowers in the Attic. Jimmy must decide if Lucy is only ill, or if the haunting of the house and her apparent possession is real.

After the house appears to affect him as well; seeing colors of magic when rooms of the house are warded by a witch and his voice taking on a power he doesn’t understand, Jimmy is met by a transient who tells him he has “the Mark”. Whatever being “marked” means, Jimmy doesn’t care. All he wants to do is help Lucy. Helping Lucy means performing the exorcism.

Jimmy knows the ceremony, but it's belief that matters. And if a demon is using a little girl as a meatsuit, his faith had better be strong enough to kick it back to Hell. Otherwise, he might damn them both.

Book title:

Sorrow's Point


What was the inspiration for your novel?
Exorcism has always fascinated me and once I started thinking about what would happen if a defrocked priest performed one.

Who is the most complex character from your current novel?
Tabby. She is a bit of a mystery to Jimmy still.

Are there any characters in your book that remind you of yourself?
I've had people tell me there is a lot of me in Jimmy.

If you could pick any well known or famous author to review your book who would you pick and why?
Stephen King. He's so great at spooky and I would like to see how I would stack up.

Genre/Author/Reader:

What genre does your book fall into?
I consider it dark fantasy, but it could also be described as horror.

What is the first book you remember reading, that affected how you thought or felt about something?
Blood Thirst by LA Freed.

Have you ever read a book you couldn’t finish reading?
Yes.

Do you read a book, while you are writing a book?
I am always reading something. I do find that I do not read anything similar to what I'm working on while I am writing.

The process:

How many books have you written? Which book is your favourite and why?
6 so far. My favourite is probably Tail of the Devil. It was my first.

How long does it usually take for you to complete a book?
For the first draft, I usually take about 1-2 months.

Do you watch a lot of science fiction or fantasy movies?
I rarely watch science fiction. Fantasy, however, I do watch. But, I probably watch more horror than anything else.

Do you study science, the planets, history or anything special to help you with your writing?
I research each book when I come across something I don't know. For Sorrow's Point, I extensively researched exorcism rites in a variety of religions.

Personal favs:
Drink – Diet Coke
Food – chocolate or Indian food
Vacation – Romania
TV show – American Pickers
Movie – The Breakfast Club
Animal – Bat or iguanas
Sport – Mixed Martial Arts
Book – I am Legend by Richard Matheson

How can people connect with you?





Where can readers find your book?

Sorrow’s Point http://amzn.com/B00FO83JLK

Constructing Marcus http://amzn.com/B00EVS384W

Tail of the Devil http://amzn.com/B00CJHO7D8


No comments:

Post a Comment