Monday, December 14, 2015

LOVE ME Like That by Author Renee Kennedy



It’s a battle between her head and her heart.

Bailey Reynolds never thought she would ever in her life have to choose between someone that will give her everything she wants in life and someone that makes her feel like she is everything in his life. How does this southern spitfire choose between what her heart wants versus what her head tells her she wants?

Hendrix~
Can make her dreams come true
Reaches in the sky and buys any star she desires
Wants to set up a perfect life for her with everything she needs or could want
But every so often can't dry her tears

He's not perfect but he was until ~ CASH

Cash~
Sets her world on fire.
He is everything her heart wants but, not necessarily what her head wants.
He creates his own stars and catches all her tears.
But is love enough?
Sometimes life is full of hard choices but that is when the biggest blessing take root.





Love Me~Like That Playlist


Renee Kennedy grew up in Decatur, AL and has been married to her high school sweet heart for 23 years. She currently lives in the Houston, TX area with her husband Jason, her son Braxton, and one very spoiled Yorkie, Chico. She also has one son that is serving our Country in the military, Brett.

She loves living in Texas but she’ll always be a Bama girl and that is where her heart remains. Renee has always been an avid reader but never dreamed of writing a book, until reminiscing about her grandparent’s love story, Bailey’s story popped into her head. Her grandparents played a significant role in her life growing up, so sharing a little piece of them with the world, helps keep them alive in her heart.

When she is not reading or writing she loves to cook and try out new recipes. You can often find her hanging out with her family and friends or stalking her own favorite authors.

Chico, her mini Yorkie, runs Renee's house and her so his every need must be catered too, after all he is her 3rd baby.

First off, can you tell us a little bit about yourself?  
I’m Renee Kennedy. I released my first book, Love Me Like That, two months early by accident. December 8, 2015 was supposed to be my release date because it was my grandparent anniversary.
I was borned and raised in Decatur, AL. I moved to Texas about six and a half years ago with my husband and two sons.
I love living in Texas but I’ll always be a Bama girl and that is where my heart remains. I’ve always been an avid reader but never dreamed of writing a book, until reminiscing about my grandparent’s love story.My grandparents played a significant role in my life growing up, so sharing a little piece of them with the world, helps keep them alive in my heart.
 When I’m not reading or writing I love to cook and try out new recipes. You can often find her hanging out with my family and friends or stalking my own favorite authors.
I’m currently editing book 2 in the Love Me series and I hope to release it in the middle of January.

Can you tell us something that not a lot of people know about you?
I think I’m an open book. What you see is what you get. I’m a people pleaser, and I don’t like people to be upset with me. But, when it comes to my boys, watchout! I don’t play around when it comes to them or the rest of my family- I’ll go all “Sweet Home Alabama” on you.

Where did the idea for Love Me ~ Like That come from?
I’ve always loved my grandparents love story. I grew up hearing my Papa tell me how he and my Granny met. Watching the love between the two of them, my whole life was an inspiration to me. Did he ever make her mad? You better believe it. If she ever made him mad, he never did show it, he always treated her with more respect than he even had for himself. She was his number one priority. Who wouldn’t want a love like that?

How is Cash similar and/or different compared to other heroes in romance books?
My hero, Cash, is your average Joe. He’s not a step-brother or a billionaire. He’s a normal guy, but he’s hot and he know’s his way around her body! 
My Heroine, Bailey, isn’t very likeable at first. She’s self proclaimed shallow, she’s letting a guy use so she can leave her current way of life. She’s young and stupid to begin with but she grows up a lot in the book. I think a lot of people can identify with that.

Tell us a little about your writing process. Any pre-writing rituals or routines?
I almost have to be completely alone and have total silence. I get a lot of my inspiration from music or sweet things my husband says to me. If I have writers block, I drive around without the radio on in my car. I do my best thinking when I’m forced to shut out everything else around me. Otherwise, I’m A.D.D.

When you create your characters do you ever put bits of either your personality or bits of personalities from people close to you?
The grandparents in the book was based on my own Granny and Papa, which I adored all of my life. They were as great as I made them ound in the book and to know theeemmm was to love them.

What are some good books you've read lately?
I read the “Fall of Kass” by Kris Hack. I’m normally not a paranormal girl, but I think she has made me come around to another world of reading.

If you could collaborate with another author in writing a book, who would it be?
I would love to collaborate with Maggie Adams, I think we have similar writing styles. She’s so much to talk with and hang out with, I really admire her.



1 comment: